Rush County Gigantic Man
Rush County was formed on April 1, 1822. It was named in honor of Dr. Benjamin Rush, who signed the Declaration of Independence.
Forty years ago there was such a mound explored on the Old Gary Farm, also in Posey Township, and in that were disclosed numerous bits of pottery, a considerable quantity of beads of a variated sort and the skeleton of a gigantic man.
- Centennial History of Rush County, Indiana 1921. “the skeleton of a gigantic man”