Pulaski County was organized in 1835.
The Indian Creek Township at a point opposite of Pulaski Mills, in the “bottom” or alluvial of the Tippecanoe, is a large mound about 100 feet in diameter at the base, and which was, before being plowed over, fully twelve feet high.
Many years ago an excavation was made in this mound by a minister then sojourning in the neighborhood, with the result of unearthing several crumbling human skeletons. The bones were reported to have been very large and strong but yielded to the action of the air and crumbled to dust.
- Indiana Geological Report 16th Annual, 1885, Pulaski County Indiana. “The bones were reported to have been very large and strong,.”