Madison County Giant, State Sale
The skeleton of an Indian giant was recently discovered near Anderson. 
- The Plymouth Weekly Democrat 11- 07 -1867 <http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn97056248/1867-11-07/ed-1/seq-1/>
- The New York Times. Published: November 18, 1895. SKELETONS OF ABORIGINES IN A CAVE, “a race o men larger that the indians of the present”.
- Bluffton Indiana Chronicle, 22 July, 1903. Page 2. FOUND SKELETONS EIGHT FEET TALL, “eight feet tall or over . . man of giant stature”.
- The Crawfordville Review. June 15, 1920, page 14. “exceptionally large in ststure”.
- Lima Daily News, (Lima, Ohio) July 27, 1892. May Buy the Mounds, Congress to purchase Prehistoric Works. Anderson Indiana Letter. Smithsonian Institution. “a people who were very large-decidedly larger than those of the present day. Parts of the skull showed that the heads were very large also the foreheads were very large.
- Daily News, Goshen, Indiana, Saturday November 26, 1892. GIANT SKELETONS FOUND. “giant human skeletons . . . skulls of gigantic size . . . must of been at least nine feet in height.”