Harrison County Giant Ruins
The curious thing about this map is that there is an image of the actual structure.
The structure appears to be symmetrical and points to the south west. There is more resarch that could be done for local “Giant-Hunters”, we need field agents who live locally to go to this area in search of the Giants Ruins to see if they still exist. There are lots of clues on this map to follow, and with the advent of Google Earth this might be a good starter for someone wanting to tackle a hunt on their own.
The Ruins are on/near the Rothrocks property. Two caves exists in close vicinity.
Wyandotte Cave was named by Governor David Wallace after the river which was then known as the Wyandotte, but which is currently known as the Blue River. Before receiving its current name it was variously called the Mammoth Cave of Indiana, the Epsom Salts Cave, and the Indiana Saltpetre Cave.
The land beneath which the caves are located was bought by Henry Peter Rothrock in 1819. The Rothrocks seemed to have had little to do with the cave until 1850, when they offered the first commercial tours of the cave after the discovery of a large new section of cavern. This date of 1850 makes Wyandotte cave the fourth oldest commercial cave in the United States. Siberts Cave was discovered in 1851 and named after the person who discovered it. The caves were sold to the Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry in 1966, along with 1,174 acres (4.75 km2) of woodland. The DNR spun the caves and associated tours off to a private company, Wyandotte Caves LLC, in 2002.
From the 1879, Geological report on Harrison and Crawford Counties, Indiana was a site marked as “Giant’s Ruins.”
The Burlington Enterprise (Burlington Kansas) August 20, 1903