Giant Bones found during roadwork Henry County, Indiana
In 1862 Under US Government authority during a turnpike project 8 miles sw of New Castle giant sized native skeletons were uncovered with burial relics, under orders these giant skeletons were taken.
In the construction of a turnpike eight miles west and south of New Castle native skeletons were disturbed.
Much of the roadwork would be haulted and cost money, some states overlook any archaeological, or paleontological finds in order to keep on schedule.
~Chris L Lesley
Indiana Geological Survey, 1862, Henry County, Indiana. “bones and skeletons of Giant size”
HORNS ON THE SKULL OF SKELETON FOUND IN INDIANA
Journal Special Services
Knightstown, Indiana. December 5. – Bones of a primitive giant have been unearthed by Alonzo Lewis, a farmer living near Sulphur Springs. The skeleton is more than seven feet in length and the skull has horns about an inch and a half long, projecting upward from a point just behind the ears. Several similar skeletons have been found here in the past few weeks. All the peculiar bones were found in a gravel pit on the Lewis Farm.
- Indiana Geological Survey, 1862. Nephilim Chronicles, “remarkable human bones and skeletons of gigantic size”
- Artisians and Artifacts of Vanished Races. by Theophilus L. Dickerson, 1915, page 153. Kennard Indiana.
- Artisians and Artifacts of Vanished Races. by Theophilus L. Dickerson, 1915, page 274. Kennard Indiana. ‘Unearthed a Human Skeleton, whose framework measured nearly eight feet in height. . . His skull would fit over the head of a large man”.
- Minnesota News, December 6, 1905. Sulphur Springs, Indiana. GIANTS BONES UNEARTHED, HORNS ON THE SKULL
- Giants on Record, America’s Hidden History, Secrets in the Mounds and the Smithsonian Files. Jim Viera, Hugh Newman, Page 173.
- Report of geological reconnoissance of Indiana. made during the years 1859 and 1860. . . 1862, page 83.
- Pioneer History of Indiana. Page 623 – 624.
- Artisans and Artifacts of Vanished Races. 1915. page 153.
- The Washington Times, (Washington D. C.) December 17, 1905, Woman’s Magazine Section, Page 11.
- Biographical Memoirs of Henry County, To which is appended a . . . 1902 page 465. “giant human being”
- Washington Post, 24 December, 1905. Page sm6.
- The Minneapolis Journal, 5 December 1905 page 9.
- The Journal Gazette, December 5, 1924. “more than eight feet in height”
- Janesville Daily Gazette, (Janesville, Wisconsin) November 4, 1902. UNEARTH BIG SLELETON, “the skeleton of a huge man”.
DO YOU KNOW IF THIS PARTICULAR ROAD THAT IS MENTIONED IN THE 1862 INDIANA SURVEY WAS THE GREENSBORO PIKE ? I USE TO LIVE JUST WEST OF NEW CASTLE, IN ABOUT 2 MILES AND THE ROAD WE LIVED ON USE TO BE A SHOT TURNPIKE HEADING SOUTHWEST TO A LITTLE TOWN CALLED GREENSBORO. SEEMS LIKE THIS WOULD BE IT. I WILL TRY TO PULL UP THE 1862 INDIANA SURVEY.
I do not know. However if you find any new information or clues contact me or post it to the page.
~Chris L Lesley
Does this have any connection to the bones near the Wilbur Wright Conservation Park & the circle mound near the present high school west of Baker Park??
Very interesting. I have never heard this. I have relatives living in Greensboro.
I don’t think it’s greensboro pike. North of kennard would be more towards cadiz, greensboro is southeast of kennard.
Southeast of the intersection of Kennard Road and 100 North you can see two mounds.