Cass County 9 feet tall
Michigan Giants of Old.
During the investigation of the mounds In Pokagon township, Cass
county, Michigan, the bones of perhaps 100 persons were found in the centerof one mound and under these, separated from his companions, were the
bones of a man who in life must have been fully nine feet tall, occupying a
sitting position, with his feet under him. A number of copper bodkins or pins, from two or three Inches In length, were found, and also pins made from the bones of a wolf. There were numerous copper hatchets, two-edged and sharp, one of which was wrapped in a linen cloth resembling in texture those of today.
- The daily sentinel. (Grand Junction, Colo.) 1893-current, June 14, 1899, Image 2.
- The true northerner., April 19, 1899, Image 3.
- The Owosso times., February 10, 1899, Image 3
- The sun., February 12, 1899, 2, Page 7, Image 19
- Rocky Ford enterprise., February 23, 1899, Image 2
- The Silver Lance, Volume 7, Number 10, March 3, 1899
- Julesburg Grit, February 23, 1899
- The Glenwood Post, February 25, 1899
- The Gilpin Observer, Volume 12, Number 46, February 23, 1899
- The Montrose Press, Volume XVII, Number 30, July 27, 1899
- The Eagle County Blade, February 23, 1899
- The Yuma Pioneer, February 24, 1899
- The Indicator, Volume 10, Number 2, February 25, 1899
- Las Animas Leader, Volume XXVI, Number 39, February 24, 1899
- The Silver Standard, Volume XIII, Number 15, February 25, 1899
- Loveland Reporter, Volume 19, Number 42, February 23, 1899
- The Chronicle-News, Volume XIII, Number 79, April 8, 1899
- Silver Cliff Rustler, March 1, 1899
- The Elbert County Tribune, Volume 15, Number 21, February 23, 1899
- The Springfield Herald, Volume 12, Number 27, February 24, 1899
- The State Herald, Volume 12, Number 29, February 24, 1899
- The San Juan County index., April 07, 1899, Image 3
This article comes from “My Daily Giant” Pinterest page. I was able to track down the source article and post it up here. At 9 feet tall: this giant is outside the range of all modern people. There is no indication of a genetic defect in this individual which makes this individual a healthy example. The largest example of a healthy modern giant is in the 7 foot range. This skeleton exceeds all modern examples by almost 2 feet.
Chris L Lesley